Did you know that some foods that are commonly thought of as “healthy”, are actually proven to cause weight gain in adults?
And did you know that some of these foods could be secretly be causing you to store fat without your knowledge, meaning it’ll be very difficult for you to lose weight and stay slim, even if you exercise and even if you diet?
To help you with this, we’ve created this video:
(click to play)
10 Delicious Fat-Burning Foods To Start Eating Today
As well as the main 4 foods to avoid that could be causing unexplained weight gain, it’s nice to know what foods to include in your diet to help promote healthy, sustainable weight loss.
The good news is that these 10 awesome foods can help melt away your stubborn body fat, ignite your body’s own fat-burning furnace and get lean and slimmer in less time!
Let’s get started…
Coconut oil or butter can not only make your hair rich and full and give you softer skin, it also gives a delicious flavor to sautéed vegetables, and even helps to burn belly fat!
A 2009 study on women found that coconut oil had the ability to accelerate the loss of belly fat when consumed as part of a low calorie diet.
Chia seeds consist of about 15% omega3, are high in fiber and have the ability to absorb up to 12 times their weight.
According to study done in Mexico (12), this super food promotes weight loss in obese people and even helps control diabetes type 2.
Chias are also great because they sate your hunger and hydrate you.
At breakfast, soak 2 tablespoons soup of chia seeds for 10 minutes in almond milk and mix them with chopped apple for a tasty, healthy start to the day!
Probiotic yogurts contribute to intestinal health which can reduce bloating, increase absorption of nutrients and help you to have a flatter stomach.
And according to one study 3 servings of yogurt a day as part of a moderate diet promotes increased body fat loss! (13).
Just make sure you get natural yogurt with no added preservatives and preferably little or no sugar.
Related: 4 “Health Foods” that are secretly causing harmful weight gain (video)
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and beneficial fats which leave you feeling satisfied for hours after eating them.
A breakfast with eggs will have you feeling fuller for longer and will significantly reduce the temptation to snack between meals when compared to a breakfast with bagels (15).
Quinoa is what is known as a “pseudo-cereal” that is stacked with protein and cooked and used like rice.
With its low glycemic index of just 6, it is also very rich in manganese, iron and copper.
When eaten with raw vegetables, herbs and seeds it offers an alternative to pasta and rice to keep you full in the most nutritious way!
Before we get to fat-burning foods 6-10, go right ahead and grab a copy of your free fat-burning recipes e-book and get started cooking 10 delicious ultra-healthy recipes tonight! Go here to download your free recipe book.
Chickpeas are rich in vegetable protein and fiber which makes them very satisfying and leaves you feeling full.
US researchers(6) proved that a portion of chickpeas a day contributes to cardiovascular health by reducing bad cholesterol.
So reach for the hummus!
This fruit is so rich in natural fats it may seem like it’s no good for controlling your weight!
However, just the opposite is true.
Its monounsaturated fatty acids lower bad cholesterol (8). Moreover, when added to salad and raw vegetables it increases the absorption of good nutrients, including carotene, good for the skin and eyes (9) .
Finally, as it is rich in fiber, the avocado is very filling. A real super food.
That’s not to say we should eat them all day, but a handful of almonds as a snack or in the morning can fill you up and help you stay slim and toned.
According to studies almonds promote weight loss better than complex carbohydrates (10).
And the high concentration of phytosterols in almonds is also excellent for balancing cholesterol.
Make sure you buy raw almonds, not roasted or salted; to experience all the healthy benefits.
Wild Fatty Fish
Fatty fish (salmon, sardines, mackerel) are rich in protein which makes them very satiating.
They are also the best source of omega-3 fatty acids which, according to research, help to fight against inflammation associated with cardiovascular diseases and diseases of the colon (16).
In addition to this, fatty fish are rich in iodine, a nutrient that helps to regulate the thyroid.
In turn, the thyroid helps to regulate metabolism (17)!
Cottage cheese or ricotta (a similar cheese pictured in the photo) is the richest form of cheese protein with the least fat.
It is rich in calcium and calcium helps stimulate the loss of abdominal fat as part of a reduced calorie diet (19).
These unique properties mean it is one of those foods that keeps you feeling full for hours on end without making you gain weight!
3 Bonus Fat-Burning Foods
Want even more awesome fat-burning foods?
We’ve got them! Here are 3 powerful fat-burning foods to help you melt away excess body weight. And some of them may surprise you!
Dark Chocolate With 70% Cacao
Good news for chocolate lovers!
Dark chocolate with minimum 70% cocoa has a glycemic index of just 7.
Danish researchers (2) showed that it was more satisfying than milk chocolate and it decreased compulsive snacking.
Best of all, it is good for the heart (3) and for mood!
Just make sure sugar isn’t the main ingredient in the brand you buy.
Grapefruit is a fruit rich in nutrients and its anti-fattening effects are scientifically proven.
A 2006 study showed that eating half a grapefruit before main meals helped people to lose 1.2 kg over a 12 weeks period (23).
Stock up on some grapefruits to help boost your metabolism before meals!
This powerful nutrient is very high in capsaicin that makes it a great slimming aid.
As well as this, this awesome antioxidant has the ability to boost the metabolism (burn more calories without you needing to move more) and increase satiety. (24)
YOUR NEXT STEP
If you’re gaining weight or failing to lose weight, in spite of doing everything else right, watch the video on the next page to learn:
- 4 Foods Often Promoted By The Media As “Healthy” That Have Recently Been Proven By Studies To Put You At Risk Of Diabetes, Hormonal Imbalances, Weight Loss Resistance And Even Cancer
- 3 Powerful Fat-Burning Tips That Can Help You Overcome Your Weight Loss Resistance And Burn Fat From Where It Matters Most.
- How Seemingly Innocent Household Products Containing Dangerous Chemicals Can Be Causing Fatigue, Low Energy And Belly Fat
No time to watch the video?
That’s ok, just download our free ebook 10 Metabolic Anti-Ageing Recipes from here.
- Insulin’s impact on renal sodium transport and blood pressure in health, obesity, and diabetes. Swasti Tiwari, Shahla Riazi, Carolyn A. Ecelbarger. American Journal of Physiology
- University of Copenhagen. Dark Chocolate Is More Filling Than Milk Chocolate And Lessens Cravings.
- Dark chocolate consumption improves leukocyte adhesion factors and vascular function in overweight men. The FASEB Journal, 2013
- Oat beta-glucan increases postprandial cholecystokinin levels, decreases insulin response and extends subjective satiety in overweight subjects.Beck EJ, Tosh SM, Batterham MJ, Tapsell LC, Huang XF.
- Xylitol sugar supplement for preventing middle ear infection in children up to 12 years of age
- Effect of dietary pulse intake on established therapeutic lipid targets for cardiovascular risk reduction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. CMAJ, 2014
- Overfeeding Polyunsaturated and Saturated Fat Causes Distinct Effects on Liver and Visceral Fat Accumulation in Humans. Diabetes, February 2014
- Comparison of the effects on lipoproteins and apolipoproteins of a diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids, enriched with avocado, and a high-carbohydrate diet. Colquhoun DM, Moores D, Somerset SM, Humphries JA.
- Carotenoid Absorption from Salad and Salsa by Humans Is Enhanced by the Addition of Avocado or Avocado Oil
- Almonds vs complex carbohydrates in a weight reduction program.Wien MA1, Sabaté JM, Iklé DN, Cole SE, Kandeel FR
- Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting abdominal obesity.Assunção ML1, Ferreira HS, dos Santos AF, Cabral CR Jr, Florêncio TM.
- Investigación y Desarrollo. “Diabetic patients! Cactus, chia and soy decrease high glucose in blood.”
- Dairy augmentation of total and central fat loss in obese subjects. Zemel MB1, Richards J, Mathis S, Milstead A, Gebhardt L, Silva E.
- Effects of high-protein diets on fat-free mass and muscle protein synthesis following weight loss: a randomized controlled trial FASEB J September 2013
- Short-term effect of eggs on satiety in overweight and obese subjects.Vander Wal JS1, Marth JM, Khosla P, Jen KL, Dhurandhar NV.
- Fatty acids from fish: the anti-inflammatory potential of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.Wall R1, Ross RP, Fitzgerald GF, Stanton C.
- Health Consequences of Iodine Deficiency. Umesh Kapil
- Gluconeogenesis and energy expenditure after a high-protein, carbohydrate-free diet.Veldhorst MA1, Westerterp-Plantenga MS, Westerterp KR
- Calcium and dairy acceleration of weight and fat loss during energy restriction in obese adults. Zemel MB1, Thompson W, Milstead A, Morris K, Campbell P.
- Tulane University. “Eating Soy Protein Helps Control Cholesterol.”
- Dietary energy density in the treatment of obesity: a year-long trial comparing 2 weight-loss diets. Ello-Martin JA1, Roe LS, Ledikwe JH, Beach AM, Rolls BJ.
- Epidemiological studies on brassica vegetables and cancer risk.Verhoeven DT1, Goldbohm RA, van Poppel G, Verhagen H, van den Brandt PA.
- The effects of grapefruit on weight and insulin resistance: relationship to the metabolic syndrome.Fujioka K1, Greenway F, Sheard J, Ying Y.
- The effects of hedonically acceptable red pepper doses on thermogenesis and appetite. Mary-Jon Ludy and Richard D. Mattes